Fountain Creek Regional Park Closure and Repair Notice
*All restrooms are unavailable at this time.Portable restrooms are available.
If your event requires drinking water, please be prepared to bring your own water, as we cannot guarantee that drinking water will always be available.
*Please be advised that field #1 at Fountain Creek Regional Park is closed for maintenance until Fall 2017.
Current Park / Trail Closures
Updated: August 14, 2017
Several park and trail facilities were damaged by flooding events in the spring of 2015. A Federal Disaster Declaration was made on July 16 for flood damages occurring May 4 through June 26. Estimates for damages, debris removal and emergency response for County Parks are over $3 Million. Staff is providing site tours for State and FEMA officials.
Fountain Creek Regional Trail
1. The Hanson Trailhead is closed in addition to area trails. The bridge across Fountain Creek near the trailhead is also closed.
2. The trail section through the Stratmoor Valley Trailhead is damaged due to creek bank failures and trail washouts. A detour is available. The playground is open.
3. The Fountain Creek Regional Trail is currently closed due to storm damage near I-25 mile marker 133, or between Stratmoor Valley and Camping World. Creek bank erosion has made the trail impassable and no detour is available, so please do not proceed beyond this point. El Paso County will work to mobilize resources to address the damage, but currently there is no timeframe established for the completion of repairs.
4. The trail sections near Willow Springs Ponds and Highway 16 underpass is damaged due to creek bank failures and washout of trails. A detour is available.
5. The trail section at that rail road spur south of El Pomar and near the Al Kaly Mule Train Farm will be closed for approximately 2 months beginning September 15, 207. No Detour will be available due to the nature of the work and heavy construction activities.
Ute Pass Regional Trail
Ute Pass Regional Trail closure for City of Manitou Springs raw water pipeline construction:
El Paso County manages the Ute Pass Regional Trail which has a trailhead located next to the Incline off Ruxton Avenue in the City of Manitou Springs. Manitou Springs will begin installation of a raw water pipeline in August 2017 that runs along the Ute Pass Regional Trail corridor between Manitou Springs and Cascade. Due to this construction and to ensure public safety the Ute Pass Regional Trail will be closed between Ruxton Avenue and Longs Ranch Road until January 2018.
Clear Springs Ranch
Trail closed at low water crossing approximately ¼ mile north of the trailhead.
Regional Park Trails
Numerous trails in regional parks have been impacted by flooding. Park users are advised to use caution on all regional park trails.
For all Trail questions please call the Park Administration office at (719)520-7529.